The MFC-J6920DW (why always give such barbaric names to professional devices?!) It is an A3 multifunction printer. In fact, it is much larger than the A4 multifunction, which can be a stumbling block for some users but compared to other A3 printers, it actually seems rather compact.
- Type : Multifunction inkjet (printer, scanner, photocopy) size A3, double-sided
- Connectivity : USB PictBridge, USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, NFC, SDHC cards
- Print speed : up to 22 ipm in B & W and 20 ipm in color (ISO / IEC 24734)
- Screen : LCD color touch of 9.3 cm
- Feed Tray : A4, A3, Photo
- Dimensions and weight: 553x433x310 mm, 16,7kg
- Number of cartridges: 4
- Optical resolution: up to 2400x2400ppp
- Compatible services : Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Evernote, Airprint, Google Print...
- All technical specifications on the manufacturer's website.
Brother MFC-J6920DW Driver Installation and configuration
When you are not used to A3 printers, the MFC-J6920DW is really impressive: count a volume about 3 times larger than an A4 multifunction, so you will have to find room for this printer not very pretty: the beige mix and black, it's a bit old. On unpacking, we discover many bins, traps and drawers that rise and open from all sides to access the 2 bins of 500 sheets (one A3 and the other A4) and cartridges, scanner, pass Ethernet and USB cables.
The Brother MFC-J6920DW installation is quite simple: just turn on the printer and the color screen explains where and how to insert the cartridges. We take the opportunity to see that the rendering on the screen is pretty good and the display of small animations concerning the installation of cartridges suggests a fairly clear and responsive interface.
Once the cartridges are installed, the printer finishes its first start a little long then asks if one wants to connect to the WiFi. Network detection goes smoothly, but the WPA password entry keyboard is small, but it is responsive and most important.
Brother MFC-J6920DW Drivers
The user interface: at the heart of the printer
We often focus on the quality or speed of printing and scanning, but we often forget about the man / machine interface. In the case of a printer, you can have anything and everything: monochrome screen beast and not at all responsive to the beautiful multi-touch screen made of millions of colors and as responsive as a high-end smartphone!
The screen of the MFC-J6920DW is about 2.6 inches diagonal, which is enough to display a fairly intuitive interface: The Home screen includes the Fax, Copy, and Scan shortcuts on the left side. The rest of the screen displays the time and shortcuts to WiFi setup, ink level, and general settings. Points and an arrow indicate that you can go from one page to another as on a smartphone, simply by swiping from right to left. It is convenient and the passage from one page to another is rather fluid, even if it could be even better. The first page simply displays the time, the second page has 3 shortcuts and the other 3 can be customized via 9 shortcuts on each page.
The A3 printer MFC-J6920DW printer, the flagship model among the ink multifunction devices from Brother, shows in the com! professional only at the pace weaknesses. There are three paper feeders for the printing unit in the housing: two paper cassettes for 250 sheets each and a single-sheet feed on the rear of the machine. This is mainly used for printing on heavy paper and on photo paper, which can also be printed borderless. The ink supply takes place with four individual ink cartridges, which are easily replaced on the right front of the housing. With the available XL cartridges, the printer also achieves acceptable side costs. A black text page costs 1.5 cents, in color about 7.3 cents. Of course, a DIN A4 color photo suggests a higher amount.
Scanning can be done either from the document glass, which is suitable for both single sheets and for thicker originals, such as magazines, or through the automatic document feeder. Thanks to two scan lines, the device can even read both sides of a sheet in one operation, which means a significant gain in speed.
Download Driver Printer Brother MFC-J6920DW
- Download Driver Installer Brother MFC-J6920DW for LINUX
- Download Full Driver Brother MFC-J6920DW for Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8
- Download Scan Driver Brother MFC-J6920DW for Mac OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10
- Download Print Driver Brother MFC-J6920DW for Mac OS X 10.9/10.10
- Download Scan Driver Brother MFC-J6920DW for Mac OS X 10.11
- Download Print Driver Brother MFC-J6920DW for Mac OS X 10.11
- Download Full Driver Brother MFC-J6920DW for WINDOW 10/8.1/8/7/VISTA/XP (32/64-bit)