Network capability is now almost standard on a multifunction printer, and in some cases even down to the low-budget models, with the wireless integration via Wi-Fi is no longer a rarity. The Brother also has a WLAN module, the installation is very easy and manages even users without PC skills. In turn, the printer can not be connected to the network via cable.
However, for use in an office, a printer should also be able to handle at least two-sided printing (duplex) and, if possible, should have an automatic document feeder for the processing of batch originals. Unfortunately, both of these are not known to the Brother, which is why the device is more qualified for the home office area as well as for home users. These in turn benefit from the high work ethic of the device. In draft mode, testers measured 20 pages that the printer ejects per minute. For prints with a higher print quality, the print speed is very neat 12 pages, and even with complete color pages and photos, the Brother presented as a pretty brisk workhorse.
But the quality, so it is in any case read in a test of the Internet magazine itreviews, unfortunately leaves a bit to be desired. The text print appeared to be a bit too grainy for the testers in the draft mode, the speed advantage in this case uses the user so much. On photos in turn, as well as on scans, a yellow cast was recognizable, the copies were a bit "bloodless" with fame, the Brother does not seem to have messed up. The printer also received more point deductions for the lack of a separate USB port for PC-independent printing and a memory card interface and both of which now also have the convenience features of many multifunction printers.
On the credit side, there is a closed paper cassette (unfortunately still not standard) and relatively moderate printing costs, at least when using the 600-page cartridges. However, whether this, together with the network capability and the high pressure tempo, can compensate for the weaknesses, is not easy to answer. For around 135 euros, you either want more features or a high print quality in all areas, because an inkjet MFC is ever bought just because of its qualities in color. Maybe it makes sense to wait for a few more test results, and only then in the face of a more objective overall picture for or against a purchase to decide.
- Download Driver Installer Brother DCP-J525W for LINUX
- Download TWAIN Scan Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
- Download Print Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.6/10.7
- Download Print Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.8
- Download Print Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.9
- Download Scan Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10
- Download Print Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.10
- Download Scan Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.11
- Download Print Driver Brother DCP-J525W for Mac OS X 10.11
- Download Full Driver Brother DCP-J525W for WINDOW 10/8.1/8/7/VISTA/XP (32/64-bit)